Designed to emphasize simplicity and hands-on control, short loops of audio can be sliced and transformed with built-in and VST effects. Gesture and Segment sequencers record synchronized loops of knob and button presses, locking effect changes to the loop. Quantized actions and automatic pitch shifting ensure all your loops stay in tempo. Interact directly with the waveform to sculpt your sound, or use the auto-segmenting feature to break it up into equal chunks. MIDI learn is available for any control, and simple knobs provide complete control over the sound of any loop. Ohm users will love the tight integration and presets that make Livid Looper come alive. Using the Ohm you can easily assign any parameter of loop to the Ohm.
Livid Looper is designed from the ground up to be networked and collaborated on. Taking cues from new technologies (such as mini-laptops) and contemporary ideas about shared computing, Livid Looper is made with a client-server model in mind. Native OpenSoundControl messaging means you can collaborate with multiple computers on separate interfaces controlling a single server computer. Instead of working on unconnected computers, you can create a true computer music band.
• Cross platform
• Up to six files loaded in each looper for quick recall and playback
• Loop is automatically pitch shifted to match the BPM
• Automatic segmenting for slicing up a loop
• Interactive waveform display for arbitrary loop selections
• Assignable to crossfader
• Record live audio and instantly loop it
• Multiple audio effects, including a VST effect
• Granulator for scramble or time-shift effects
• Record up to 8 synced sequences of knob turns and effect changes
• Record up to 8 synced sequences of segment and file changes
• All actions are quantized to the master BPM
• Easy MIDI learn function
• Tight integration with Livid's Ohm controller
• Free of charge and open source (developed in Cycling 74's Max/MSP)
Did we mention it is free and open source?
+ Download it as an application, or the source code.